Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
grapenutz grapenutz is offline

Default Copying large range of excel data to Word 2003 as Link

When I paste a range of excel data to word as a table I can manipulate
formatting and page layout from Word table properties. When I copy the range
as a link to word this results in an image of the data being pasted as a
picture which I can not manipulate to the same degree as a table. My question
relates to situations where the range of data will not fit on one
page(length). I am unable to cause the data to "page break" in the same
manner as the table. Is it possible to have a single picture "page break"
across more than one page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi grapenutz,

Depending on your layout requirements, you may get better results by choosing a link option other than the default Workbook object.
Whatever you choose, though, the formatting in the Excel workbook will play a role in the final appearance in Word.

--
Cheers
macropod

"grapenutz" wrote in message ...
When I paste a range of excel data to word as a table I can manipulate
formatting and page layout from Word table properties. When I copy the range
as a link to word this results in an image of the data being pasted as a
picture which I can not manipulate to the same degree as a table. My question
relates to situations where the range of data will not fit on one
page(length). I am unable to cause the data to "page break" in the same
manner as the table. Is it possible to have a single picture "page break"
across more than one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Ted,

Whilst it's true that an embedded Excel object can't span more than one page, if you paste a link using the HTML, formatted or
unformatted text options, for example, the data can span as many pages as might be required for the # of rows (though you still
can't display more columns than will fit on a single page).

--
Cheers
macropod