Changing the background colour in a table field depending on the content

Old May 17th 18, 09:57 AM
Rob T Parry Rob T Parry is offline

Default Changing the background colour in a table field depending on the content

I would like to change the background colour of a field in a table depending on the content of the field.

If I enter an R in the field I would like the background to go Red.

If I enter an A in the field I would like the background to go Amber.

If I enter an G in the field I would like the background to go Green.

Hope some can help as its driving me nuts.

Its so easy in Excel!!!
Old May 18th 18, 08:58 PM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline

Originally Posted by Rob T Parry View Post
I would like to change the background colour of a field in a table depending on the content of the field.

If I enter an R in the field I would like the background to go Red.

If I enter an A in the field I would like the background to go Amber.

If I enter an G in the field I would like the background to go Green.

Hope some can help as its driving me nuts.

Its so easy in Excel!!!
Doing this in Word would involve major programming, be unlikely to be satisfactory, and it is far easier to do in Excel.

Why not do it in Excel or insert an Excel table into Word and use those capabilities? The only reason I can think of to not do it that way is that you do not have Excel.