kpchop

Default Tabbing Through a Document That's NOT a Form

Version: Word XP

How can I mark places within a document so that I can move to those places
using only the tab key? I have a letter that I fill in certain info in
several places -- just spots I want to get to by hitting the tab key - all I
need to do is to be able to get to these places to type and would like to do
move there without picking up the mouse and clicking to position my insertion
point. (I could do this in other word processing packages in the olden days.)

This letter is NOT A FORM - I don't need form fields. I have tried setting
up a template and using bookmarks. The ookmarks sound promising, but the
navigation depends on the Go To command (or F5) and then choosing the
bookmark. Very cumbersome. I just want to tab forward through the document to
my next typing spot.

I have tried searching through several books and the Knowledge Base. There
may be a name or keyword for what I'm trying to accomplish, and I'm just
looking for the wrong terms. Any advice would be appreciated!!

TIA.

Graham Mayor

Use macrobutton fields, but move between them with F11 rather than TAB. -
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm
But if only the fields are places where text is entered then form fields are
the correct way to do this.