Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wes from Scottsdale Wes from Scottsdale is offline

Default Default label paper type

How do I set Word to default the printer paper type to labels when the Label
wizard is used?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 22 May 2009 16:23:04 -0700, Wes from Scottsdale
wrote:

How do I set Word to default the printer paper type to labels when the Label
wizard is used?

Mostly you don't. The paper type setting is in a dialog provided by the printer
driver, not by Word. You might be able to affect it with a macro, based on the
information in http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=116,
but it's far more work than I could justify.

If you're going to use the Print button in the label wizard, then you can go to
the printer's Properties dialog from the Start menu Printers and Faxes menu
and set the paper type there (and remember to go back and reverse the setting
afterward).

The alternative is to use the New Document button in the label wizard, then use
File Print (or Ctrl+P) and set the paper type in the dialog reached through
the Properties button in the Print dialog (which is really the same dialog
reached through the Start menu, but applicable only during the current Word
session).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Alternatively, create a template from the label sheet and open a blank sheet
from the template. I use this method because I usually cannot remember the
sheet number that identifies the label, so I create templates labelled 3x7
or 2x4, etc. That way, all settings are saved with the templates.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Wes from Scottsdale" wrote in
message ...