mikey

Default TOC question

I wish to extract the TOC from a Word doc that I have created and place it
on our server in order to show visitors the contents of a manual. However
when I copy and paste the TOC it (understandably) generates ugly "Error
bookmark not defined!" messages on every line in bold text.

Is there some way I can prevent the error messages cos they look really
ugly. Maybe in the 'switches' but I don't know how that bit works. (It does
not matter whether or not the pages numbers show in the extracted TOC).

PS I use Word 97.

Many thanks
Mikey the pikey

Charles Kenyon

When you paste your TOC use Paste Special to paste as formatted text.
Then select the entire TOC and press Ctrl-6 to unlink the fields.
Then select the entire TOC and press Ctrl-Spacebar to remove the hyperlink
formatting.
You will now have a no fields TOC.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"mikey" wrote in message

I wish to extract the TOC from a Word doc that I have created and place it
on our server in order to show visitors the contents of a manual. However
when I copy and paste the TOC it (understandably) generates ugly "Error
bookmark not defined!" messages on every line in bold text.

Is there some way I can prevent the error messages cos they look really
ugly. Maybe in the 'switches' but I don't know how that bit works. (It
does
not matter whether or not the pages numbers show in the extracted TOC).

PS I use Word 97.

Many thanks
Mikey the pikey

mikey

Fantastic - thanks very much -- it works great!!

Have a good weekend!!

Mikey
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in