Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rcir88 rcir88 is offline

Default Date fields

I want to use a date field to be inserted in a Word template that when opened
to produce a regular document supplies the current date. This date would not
change with subsequent opening or saving of the document. I notice in the
fields supplied by MS under the Insert menu, the fields "date" and
createdate". What is the difference and would one of them accomplish what
I'm trying to do? I thought this would be easily found in help, but it
wasn't.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A Date field displays the system date from the PC. A Createdate field
displays the date the document was created (or saved using the SavedAs
option). The createdate in the template will always be the date the template
was created, but documents created from that template will show their
creation dates.

Formating Date Fields LDanix Mailmerge 3 August 24th 06 06:16 PM
Blank date fields in Excel merging with Date/Time margaret Mailmerge 1 March 16th 06 04:36 PM
Date Fields AFNYTS Microsoft Word Help 2 March 13th 06 11:33 PM
Formatting Date fields Greg Mailmerge 7 April 10th 05 12:27 AM
Date fields Walt G Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 05:57 PM