Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NurseLaura NurseLaura is offline

Default Can't open a saved word 2007 file on a word 2003 program

I have a lot of written work on my laptop which is on a word 2007. I have
sent my work to my work email, and when I try to open my file, it says its an
unkown file. When I click open, It comes up in a small windown titled "file
conversion". It is asking me to select the encoding to make the document
readable. I have gone through all the list but i cant make it readable. I
can't download any software to this computer as it is a works computer. This
is fairly urgent so someone please help me!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to either save from Word 2007 in Word 97-2003 format or download
and install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint 2007 File Formats: