Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bb

Default Footnotes and section breaks

Hi, I'm using Word 2002 and I'm working on a document with chapters and
footnotes in which the footnotes restart with every chapter. I'm putting
section breaks at the end of every chapter so that the footnotes will restart
with each new chapter. The problem is that all the pages are all portrait
and I want to put a landscape page in the middle of one of the chapters so I
have to use additional section breaks. How do I get the footnotes on the
landscape page to continue to number correctly? I have already tried
applying "Continuous" to the footnote numbering in this section, but instead
of continuing the numbering from the section immediately before it in the
same chapter, it's continuing the numbering from the section before that
which is a different chapter. So, in other words, the numbering on the
portrait page of the chapter in question goes 1, 2, 3 on the portrait page
and then 7, 8, 9 on the landscape page because the chapter before it had 6 as
its last footnote number.

I hope this explanation isn't too confusing. Any help would be most
appreciated! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bb

Hi, Suzanne, thanks for your response. I thought maybe I was missing
something and there was an option somewhere for it.

Thanks anyway.

bb