Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VisioIssues VisioIssues is offline

Default Embedded Visio file in Word Doc

I currently have Office 2003 on my PC. I have recieved a word document with
a few embedded files in it (excel, other word docs, PDFs and Visio files). I
am able to open all except the visio documents. They are listed with .vsd
extension. I have Visio viewer installed and can open stand along visio
documents with no problem. However when I try to access these embedded visio
documents I get the following error message:
"The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure
the application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted,
moved, or renamed."

People with the full (not just viewer) versions of Vision can open the files
with no error.

How can I get them to open?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I had that happen to me recently! What a pain in the .....well, you know
where.

Apparently that's what can happen when files are copied from one file into
an files, etc. I had a PPT presentation that did that. I had to go in and
save each photo individually and reinsert it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~