Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beisbol Beisbol is offline

Default Why does Word not allow me to copy and paste images?

Recently Word has not allowed me to copy and paste images into documents.
(It used to work fine before.) On the Clipboard it says 'Preview not
Available." This has not happened to me while using Word before and I am
wondering how I can use change this feature so I can copy and paste images
into documents again.

Thanks in advance,
Beisbol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

Recently Word has not allowed me to copy and paste images into documents.
(It used to work fine before.) On the Clipboard it says 'Preview not
Available." This has not happened to me while using Word before and I am
wondering how I can use change this feature so I can copy and paste images
into documents again.

have you installed any new tools or updates recently? This problem has been
cropping up all year, and it's always turned out to be some kind of
non-Microsoft "management" tool that's interfering with the Clipboard.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beisbol Beisbol is offline

I had the feeling this might be the reason behind my problem. My computer is
set to "Automatic Updates" so I would imagine that something has changed my
settings somehow.

Any idea on how to fix the problem?

Thanks for the input.
Beisbol

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

Recently Word has not allowed me to copy and paste images into documents.
(It used to work fine before.) On the Clipboard it says 'Preview not
Available." This has not happened to me while using Word before and I am
wondering how I can use change this feature so I can copy and paste images
into documents again.

have you installed any new tools or updates recently? This problem has been
cropping up all year, and it's always turned out to be some kind of
non-Microsoft "management" tool that's interfering with the Clipboard.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

"Beisbol" wrote in message
news
I had the feeling this might be the reason behind my problem. My computer
is
set to "Automatic Updates" so I would imagine that something has changed
my
settings somehow.

Any idea on how to fix the problem?

Thanks for the input.
Beisbol

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

Recently Word has not allowed me to copy and paste images into
documents.
(It used to work fine before.) On the Clipboard it says 'Preview not
Available." This has not happened to me while using Word before and I
am
wondering how I can use change this feature so I can copy and paste
images
into documents again.

have you installed any new tools or updates recently? This problem has
been
cropping up all year, and it's always turned out to be some kind of
non-Microsoft "management" tool that's interfering with the Clipboard.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Go to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx and at the right under
Office Update, click on Check for Updates, install all of them. These are
not automatic. (I assume you are using Office 2003).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beisbol Beisbol is offline

I tried installing all updates for Office and still the problem persists.
Any other suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"Beisbol" wrote in message
news
I had the feeling this might be the reason behind my problem. My computer
is
set to "Automatic Updates" so I would imagine that something has changed
my
settings somehow.

Any idea on how to fix the problem?

Thanks for the input.
Beisbol

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

I had the feeling this might be the reason behind my problem. My computer is
set to "Automatic Updates" so I would imagine that something has changed my
settings somehow.

As I said, the problem is usually a NON-Microsoft product of some kind, so
"Updates" are unlikely to have been the reason.

It would help if we knew which version of Word was involved. But the basic
trouble-shooting steps are to try starting Word in Safe Mode. If the problem
goes away, we're looking for an application-specific Add-in.

If the problem doesn't go away, start Windows in Safe Mode and see if that
helps. If it does, you're looking for something that loads when Windows starts.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beisbol Beisbol is offline

It is Word 2003. I'll try using Word in Safe Mode to see if I can further
diagnos the problem.

Thanks,

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

I had the feeling this might be the reason behind my problem. My computer is
set to "Automatic Updates" so I would imagine that something has changed my
settings somehow.

As I said, the problem is usually a NON-Microsoft product of some kind, so
"Updates" are unlikely to have been the reason.

It would help if we knew which version of Word was involved. But the basic
trouble-shooting steps are to try starting Word in Safe Mode. If the problem
goes away, we're looking for an application-specific Add-in.

If the problem doesn't go away, start Windows in Safe Mode and see if that
helps. If it does, you're looking for something that loads when Windows starts.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beisbol Beisbol is offline

I tried running Word 2003 in Safe Mode and the result is the same. When I
copy images they can not be pasted into documents. Very frustrating!

Thanks for the help.

"Beisbol" wrote:

Recently Word has not allowed me to copy and paste images into documents.
(It used to work fine before.) On the Clipboard it says 'Preview not
Available." This has not happened to me while using Word before and I am
wondering how I can use change this feature so I can copy and paste images
into documents again.

Thanks in advance,
Beisbol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

I tried running Word 2003 in Safe Mode and the result is the same. When I
copy images they can not be pasted into documents.

And you also tried booting Windows in Safe mode?

Are you able to copy things other than images?

If yes, where are you copying these images - from what source?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beisbol Beisbol is offline

I am copying images from the internet using Explorer and from other
documents. I found that if I save images first I can insert them into
documents, but this can be a rather time consuming process. I prefer to be
able to do it the short way as before.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

I tried running Word 2003 in Safe Mode and the result is the same. When I
copy images they can not be pasted into documents.

And you also tried booting Windows in Safe mode?

Are you able to copy things other than images?

If yes, where are you copying these images - from what source?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QmVpc2JvbA==?=,

I am copying images from the internet using Explorer and from other
documents. I found that if I save images first I can insert them into
documents, but this can be a rather time consuming process. I prefer to be
able to do it the short way as before.

Ah, yes, this could be some kind of security issue with an update.

There a Drawing/Graphics newsgroup on this server. Is that visible to you in
this interface, so that you can search your question there to see if it's
already been answered?