Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CW CW is offline

Default Print first page to different printer from the others

Using Word 2003 - is it possible to print page 1 of a document automatically
to a different printer from the other pages?
I know it is easy to send to a different tray within the same printer, but
that wouldn't work for us - we need to send page 1 to printer A and all other
pages to printer B.
Of course I also realise it is possible to select just page 1 and send it to
A and then go back into File/Print and select the other pages and send them
to B. But we want to make this automatic, if we can.
Many thanks
CW

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CW CW is offline

Graham -
Thanks, and sorry to have posted twice. For some strange reason I could not
find my original post when I went in to check for replies and as my internet
connection had had some wobbly moments I thought perhaps it hadn't been
logged, so I re-posted. But I have now seen your response, thank you.
CW

"CW" wrote in message
Using Word 2003 - is it possible to print page 1 of a document
automatically
to a different printer from the other pages?
I know it is easy to send to a different tray within the same printer, but
that wouldn't work for us - we need to send page 1 to printer A and all
other
pages to printer B.
Of course I also realise it is possible to select just page 1 and send it
A and then go back into File/Print and select the other pages and send
them
to B. But we want to make this automatic, if we can.
Many thanks
CW

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There was a service interruption at the site yesterday that resulted in
posts not being posted for several hours.

http://word.mvps.org

"CW" wrote in message
Using Word 2003 - is it possible to print page 1 of a document
automatically
to a different printer from the other pages?
I know it is easy to send to a different tray within the same printer,
but
that wouldn't work for us - we need to send page 1 to printer A and all
other
pages to printer B.
Of course I also realise it is possible to select just page 1 and send
it
A and then go back into File/Print and select the other pages and send
them
to B. But we want to make this automatic, if we can.
Many thanks
CW

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CW CW is offline

Ah! Glad it wasn't me after all !!!
Thanks for the info
CW

"CW" wrote in message
Using Word 2003 - is it possible to print page 1 of a document
automatically
to a different printer from the other pages?
I know it is easy to send to a different tray within the same printer,
but
that wouldn't work for us - we need to send page 1 to printer A and all
other
pages to printer B.
Of course I also realise it is possible to select just page 1 and send
it
A and then go back into File/Print and select the other pages and send
them
to B. But we want to make this automatic, if we can.
Many thanks
CW

.

.