Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Colleen M Colleen M is offline

Default Unable to merge from Excel

Using Office 2003. I'm receiving a message "Unable to open Excel32.cnv"
trying to open a pre-existing Word merge documents and when trying to create
a new one.

I recently uninstalled Office 12 Beta from my system and thought perhaps a
file might have been deleted. So, I completely removed Office 2003 and
reinstalled it. Then reinstalled all the updates including SP2. But still
getting this same error message.

I've been able to re-construct the mailmerge to access Excel "via DDE"
rather than via Converter, but wonder why I'm suddenly missing this file, and
how to get it back in case it's needed for another reason.

--
Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It may well have been removed by a security update. You can reinstall it
from the file linked on the downloads page of my web site.