How to extract email addresses from a word document

Old October 2nd 13, 06:40 AM
RodneyB RodneyB is offline

Default How to extract email addresses from a word document

I have been looking at away to extract email addresses from a word documents. I came across a thread in this forum answered by Graham Mayor
where comprehensive instructions are given to do this.

1. Use Ctrl+C to copy the search term below:

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}

2. Use Ctrl+V to paste it into the "Find what" box in the Find dialog.

3. Click More to display the rest of the dialog; check the boxes for "Use
wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

4. Find All.

5. Click on the title bar of the document to return the focus to the
document.

6. Press Ctrl+C to copy all the highlighted email addresses.

7. Open a new document and Paste.

I use word 2010 and the instructions work perfectly, the email addresses are highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the email addresses copying them and pasting them into a separate document. Can some one assist me from that point.

I think from point 5. above is where I have a challenge.

Many thanks

Rodney
Old October 2nd 13, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen

Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Old October 3rd 13, 05:10 PM
RodneyB RodneyB is offline

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa
Hi Lisa

Thank you so much for the advice it worked perfectly and wow what a lot of time saved.

Best wishes

Rodney
Old May 24th 17, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 7:27:18 PM UTC+5:30, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 7:27:18 PM UTC+5:30, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Wow! Awesome. I'm just surprised this is found in a Google Group
Old January 26th 18, 03:37 AM
shawn8 shawn8 is offline

Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.
Yahoo mail login

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa
It works perfectly
Old March 17th 15, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Thank You. This saved my day.
Old March 16th 16, 10:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

thanx a lot
Old May 11th 16, 11:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Thank you Friend
Old June 12th 16, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

El miércoles, 2 de octubre de 2013, 0:40:43 (UTC-5), RodneyB escribió:
[...]

From that point I am unable to select the email addresses copying them
and pasting them into a separate document. Can some one assist me from
that point.

I think from point 5. above is where I have a challenge.

Many thanks

Rodney

--
RodneyB

Many thanks Rodney.
Old August 25th 16, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 7:36:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

From that point I am unable to select the email addresses copying them
and pasting them into a separate document. Can some one assist me from
that point.

I think from point 5. above is where I have a challenge.

Many thanks

Rodney

--
RodneyB

Many thanks Rodney.

What if the email address is at the end of a sentence and there is a period at the end of the email address? Is there a way to get rid of all these periods?