N word, can I pull email addresses from the document then email?

Old March 31st 08, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
foureyesneenee

Default N word, can I pull email addresses from the document then email?

If I have 200 names, addresses then email addresses. typed in paragraph
format. I want to do a mail merge, so, I need word to pull each name and
address to start each letter, I also need it to personalize by saying Dear
John Doe, then, I want to email each letter, so 1. is there a way to tell
word to pull out each email address (200) to start a email? 2. Is there a way
to personalize the letters having word recognize the names to put after DEAR?
Old March 31st 08, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat

foureyesneenee,
After connecting your letter to a data source, insert the fields into your
letter, like this:

{mergefield first_name} {mergefield last_name}ENTER
{mergefield street_address}ENTER
{mergefield city_address}, {mergefield state_address} {mergefield
zip_code}ENTER
ENTER
Dear {mergefield first_name} {mergefield first_name},
(Your Letter Text)

Then Merge to New Document Check the individual letters for errors or
necessary changes Print.
You can also save the original mail-merge document as a "template" for
future use.

(Many individuals recommend that you do not use an "Address Block", but
insert the individual fields for street, city, etc...)

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

Old March 31st 08, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

When you execute the merge, one of the possible destinations is to email.
If you select that option, you will then be asked which field in the data
source contains the email addresses.

You said in your original post that you had "200 names, addresses then email
addresses. typed in paragraph format."

You should select all of those paragraphs and use the Convert Text to Table
feature under the Tables menu to convert the document into a table with one
record on each row of the table. You may need to insert a row at the top of
the table into the cells of which you enter the names of the merge fields
(if the first paragraph does not contain them).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"foureyesneenee" wrote in message
THANK YOU SO MUCH,

1 QUESTION, WHAT ABOUT THE EMAIL FIELD. IS THERE A WAY TO PULL THE EMAIL
ADDRESSES, AND DUMP THEM INTO OUTLOOK TO EMAIL EACH INDIVIDUAL LETTER?

EXAMPLE:

JOHN DOE
1234 TREE STREET
WASHINGTON, DC 20000

YOU TOLD ME HOW TO MERGE THE LETTERS, AND ALSO CREATE THE DEAR FIELD.
BUT,
IS THERE A WAY TO PULL THE EMAIL ADDRESSES FROM THE DATA FIELD TO EMAIL
EACH
INDIVIDUAL LETTER?

foureyesneenee