Word Text Issue

Old February 4th 05, 02:53 PM
working girl

Default Word Text Issue

One of my coworkers is having problems with the default font.

He changes it to Times New Roman, and it reverts to Times New (W1).

Why is this happening? How can we set the default?

Also, when he is working in the document, the formatting will change and the
font will change if he adds a carriage return, or backspaces.

What is that all about?

Please help.

Old February 4th 05, 09:27 PM
Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/defaultfont.htm for alternative ways to
change the default.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old February 4th 05, 09:59 PM
working girl

Thank you for your prompt response.

This doesn't change anything. These problems are still occuring in both
Word and Outlook.

Please advise.

Old February 4th 05, 10:50 PM
Charles Kenyon

ahh... Outlook. Outlook uses a separate template. Close Outlook. Change your
default in Word. Does that change stick?

Which versions of Word and Outlook?

Find the template that Outlook is using and make the change there, too.

Old February 7th 05, 02:35 PM
working girl

Changing the template does nothing.

Changing the document as you are drafting does nothing.

No matter which method is used to change the font, it reverts to Times New
(W1).

Is it possible that somehow the computer believes we are drafting for web?
From what I understand, the W1 convention indicates a web font. Is this a
possibility? It seems to happen exclusively with fonts that have a W1
counterpart.