Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
maggiet maggiet is offline

Default Is there Document Map in Word2007? Where is it?

here is a Document Map function in previous versions of word, but I am unable
to find in in 2007.

Does anyone know if it is included and if so where it is hidden?

I find the interactive function a great timesaver on long documents and
would be deeply unhappy to gop through life without it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the second "chunk" on the View tab there is a check box for Document Map.
If you use it often, you can add a Document Map button to the QAT;
unfortunately, it's a text button (doesn't use the old Document Map icon),
so it takes up a lot of space.

"maggiet" wrote in message
here is a Document Map function in previous versions of word, but I am
unable
to find in in 2007.

Does anyone know if it is included and if so where it is hidden?

I find the interactive function a great timesaver on long documents and
would be deeply unhappy to gop through life without it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Suzanne,

FWIW, they were only 'chunks' during the beta The MS marketing folks settled on 'groups' for the final product g, along with
changing 'Floaties' to Mini-Toolbar.

==============
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...

In the second "chunk" on the View tab there is a check box for Document Map.
If you use it often, you can add a Document Map button to the QAT;
unfortunately, it's a text button (doesn't use the old Document Map icon),
so it takes up a lot of space.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Personally I hate the term 'chunk' as it stirs up memories of the worst
project I ever worked on.

More to the point, the term 'Floatie' lives on in the Object Model. I think
they left the branding a bit late in the day and only had time to add the
gloss and not the substance.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Suzanne,

FWIW, they were only 'chunks' during the beta The MS marketing folks
settled on 'groups' for the final product g, along with
changing 'Floaties' to Mini-Toolbar.

==============
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

In the second "chunk" on the View tab there is a check box for Document
Map.
If you use it often, you can add a Document Map button to the QAT;
unfortunately, it's a text button (doesn't use the old Document Map icon),
so it takes up a lot of space.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement