Duplicate a page exactly, to repeat original format

Old March 6th 09, 07:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Thanks

Default Duplicate a page exactly, to repeat original format

How do you copy or duplicate a page to repeat original format. I'm making a
recipe book and want the pages A5 size, but I'll be printing onto A4 size
paper. I made the page into 2 columns in portrait orientation. Then I've
typed 2 recipes on the left side of the A4 page, then put a clip art border
around it all, then brought the text forward. Now I want to copy that format
to put onto the other side of the page,but I can't do it. I would also like
to then duplicate that first page for the rest of the booklet so maybe I can
just type over the original recipe with the next recipe for the booklet.
There may be an easier way to do this??? Thanks
Old March 6th 09, 01:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

The best you can do in Word (which is not a page layout program) is to
insert a page break and then copy and paste the contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old March 7th 09, 06:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have a recent version of Word, there is a much better approach than
using two columns. In Word 2000 and above, you can use "2 pages per sheet"
under "Multiple pages" in the Page Setup dialog, which will allow you to
treat each half sheet as a true page (you can even use page borders). If you
have Word 2002 or above, you can use "Book fold," which accomplishes the
same thing but also automatically prints your pages in the proper order to
create a folded booklet.

To make it easier to enter your recipes, it's best to create a few simple
styles for the title, ingredients, instructions, etc.

http://word.mvps.org

Old April 11th 17, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barryandadrienne@gmail.com

"thanks" wrote in message
How do you copy or duplicate a page to repeat original format. I'm making
recipe book and want the pages A5 size, but I'll be printing onto A4 size
paper. I made the page into 2 columns in portrait orientation. Then I've
typed 2 recipes on the left side of the A4 page, then put a clip art
border
around it all, then brought the text forward. Now I want to copy that
format
to put onto the other side of the page,but I can't do it. I would also
like
to then duplicate that first page for the rest of the booklet so maybe I
can
just type over the original recipe with the next recipe for the booklet.
There may be an easier way to do this??? Thanks

Hi Suzanne,
In Word, I resized a picture on one page now want to make similar pictures the same size. Is there a keyboard command which repeats the format/resize picture command I just used?
Many Thanks