Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nonabsurdum nonabsurdum is offline

Default How can I insert "sticky notes" in editing a document?

Not sure it's even possible, but I am helping a non-English speaking friend
with editing a document and I'm wondering if it's possible to insert "sticky
notes" or something to that effect in Word 2007?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I insert "sticky notes" in editing a document?

Yes, it is possible to insert "sticky notes" in Word 2007. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "Review" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "New Comment" button in the "Comments" section.
  3. A comment box will appear in the margin of the document. Type your comment in the box.
  4. To move the comment box to a specific location in the document, click and drag the box to the desired location.
  5. To reply to a comment, click on the comment box and then click on the "Reply" button in the "Comments" section.
  6. To delete a comment, click on the comment box and then click on the "Delete" button in the "Comments" section.

The comments will appear as "sticky notes" in the margin of the document, and can be used to provide feedback or suggestions for editing.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use Word's Comment feature -- look in the Review tab in the ribbon.

You can also drag Outlook notes and drop them into a Word document.

I would be amazed if there weren't a sticky note applet that does exactly
what you want, but I haven't personally encountered one.

Vista comes with a Sticky Notes applet, but it works only with handwritten
notes -- you can't type them -- which makes it pretty useless for people
like me who type because their handwriting is not legible.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible