WJJ

Default Has anyone found a way to move pages in Word like you can re-arra.

I am trying to re-order pages in Word without using cut and paste. Is there a
feature anyone has found that moves the pages like re-ordering slides in a
powerpoint presentation?
Pat Garard

G'Day WJJ,

In Word, text 'flows' from one page to the next.

In Powerpoint text does NOT flow between Slides.

Since each Slide is a 'bounded entity' in its own
right, Slides can be rearranged.

Pages can't.

What you are asking is a 'nonsense'.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"WJJ" wrote in message
I am trying to re-order pages in Word without using cut and paste. Is there
feature anyone has found that moves the pages like re-ordering slides in a
powerpoint presentation?

CyberTaz

Pat is absolutely right about the conceptual/architectural distinction
between the two programs. However (no offense or disrespect intended, Pat),
it might be just a little extreme to classify the need to reorganize a Word
doc as 'nonsense'.

About the only thing that addresses it is IF the document flow/structure
happens to coincide with Outline view (much facilitated by the use of Styles,
which can later be removed if needed). Technically you can't 'move' page 6
between pages 3 & 4, but you can select the corresponding content with a
single click, drag it from page 6 & drop it where it becomes page 4 and
achieve the same result. The same thing can be done in Normal View, Print
Layout View or Print Preview. Outline View works better for larger bodies of
text because it enables collapsing the outline.

One other, albeit controversial, option based on the same concept is the
Master/Subdocument feature. There may very well be other processes sugested.

LOL |:)

"WJJ" wrote in message
I am trying to re-order pages in Word without using cut and paste. Is there
feature anyone has found that moves the pages like re-ordering slides in a
powerpoint presentation?

Pat Garard

G'Day CyberTaz,

I must admit to being a fan of Master Documents. As I have
said here before, I have never had one become corrupt.

Mind you, I regard them as 'throw-away' covers - I
usually have just three pages in them
Title Page
TOC Page
:
subdocs
:
Last Page (Possibly Index, but usually blank.)
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"WJJ" wrote in message
I am trying to re-order pages in Word without using cut and paste. Is
there
feature anyone has found that moves the pages like re-ordering slides
in a
powerpoint presentation?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q3liZXJUYXo=?=,

One other, albeit controversial, option based on the same concept is the
Master/Subdocument feature. There may very well be other processes sugested.

I wouldn't try this with Sub-documents. Moving them, and their associated
section breaks, is a close to sure-fire way to break the Master doc. Been
there, done that :-) I'll use the feature, but not in that way :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org