Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alligatormaki alligatormaki is offline

Default cross-reference doesn't show graphic in bookmark

I have text and then an autoshape (layout is in line with text) and more
text. I insert a bookmark for the whole thing. But when I insert a
cross-reference for the bookmark, the autoshape doesn't show up (although
there is a spaceholder or something there). How can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?YWxsaWdhdG9ybWFraQ==?=,

I have text and then an autoshape (layout is in line with text) and more
text. I insert a bookmark for the whole thing. But when I insert a
cross-reference for the bookmark, the autoshape doesn't show up (although
there is a spaceholder or something there). How can I fix this?

An AutoShape can be positioned to appear "inline with text", but in reality
Word isn't handling it like a true InlineShape. You can see that by the fact
that the "handles" are still white, not black.

As far as I know, the only way you can accomplish this would be to copy the
AutoShape, then use Edit/Paste Special to paste it in some graphics file
format (wmf, bmp, whatever; just not as a Word-anything).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org