Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
yvonnejimjonas yvonnejimjonas is offline

Default How do I increase font size in word 2003?

I would like to find out how to increase font size in Word 2003. My wife has
vision problems and I need to be able to print in at least 14 font.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 08:07:00 -0800, yvonnejimjonas
wrote:

I would like to find out how to increase font size in Word 2003. My wife has
vision problems and I need to be able to print in at least 14 font.

I assume you already know how to increase the font size of any
selected text, and what you want is to increase the _default_ size in
new documents. To do that, you need to change the size of the Normal
style in the Normal.dot template. (Yes, I know that's a lot of
"Normals", but I didn't choose the names.) You may also have to change
some other styles in that template, as well as other templates you may
use.

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm
for instructions on how to do that. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm, although
that changes only the on-screen display and not the printing size.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

If you look at the ribbon near the top of the screen, there is usually a
slot that indicates the name of the font in use (Times New Roman or Arial,
&c). To the right, there is usually a slot to the right with a numeral
indicating the font point size currently in use. Mouse click on that numeral
and type in the size you want. Press enter. OR mouse click on the small
arrowhead to the right and select the size you want from the list.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007