Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default curious opening behavior

Well, there's a setting to "Allow opening in Draft view," and if you have
closed in Draft view, you should open in that view (though I can't convince
my copy of Word of that logic). If you don't ever want to open in Draft
view, then you can disable the referenced setting (which is in File |
Options | Advanced: General).
http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
I never (what never? well ... hardly ever!) use Draft View, but for
the last few days, each time I open Word by selecting a file from the
"Recent Items" list or from a folder, it opens in Draft View with the
comments in a pane at the bottom.

(Only when starting Word. After that, files open properly.)

Could I have inadvertently checked a box somewhere in Preferences, or
something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks -- I guess that's what I was remembering having noticed at some
point, but no, it's not checked. Anyway it's stopped doing it for now.

On May 14, 7:48*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Well, there's a setting to "Allow opening in Draft view," and if you have
closed in Draft view, you should open in that view (though I can't convince
my copy of Word of that logic). If you don't ever want to open in Draft
view, then you can disable the referenced setting (which is in File |
Options | Advanced: General).
Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

I never (what never? well ... hardly ever!) use Draft View, but for
the last few days, each time I open Word by selecting a file from the
"Recent Items" list or from a folder, it opens in Draft View with the
comments in a pane at the bottom.

(Only when starting Word. After that, files open properly.)

Could I have inadvertently checked a box somewhere in Preferences, or
something?-

curious QAT behavior grammatim[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 5 December 14th 08 09:28 PM
Curious Spell Checker behavior PT New Users 1 April 7th 07 12:57 AM
Just Curious Online Student Tables 5 November 15th 06 11:24 PM
Just curious - MVPs Clang Microsoft Word Help 3 August 25th 06 12:38 AM
SaveAs - Curious Behavior PT New Users 1 August 7th 05 07:39 PM