Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mz mz is offline

Default Auto open Word file in Web Layout or Draft view

By default, Word (2007, but also earlier versions) opens all my documents in
Print Layout view. How can I change this to auto open documents in Web Layout
or Draft view?
--
MZ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

By default, Word opens a document in the view and zoom it was saved (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm). Note,
however, that Word 2007 won't open in Draft view unless you choose the
option to "Allow opening a document in Draft view" in Office button | Word
Options, Advanced category.

Alternatively, if you want to force Draft view in all documents that you
open or create, use the following auto macros in normal.dotm:

Sub AutoOpen()
Options.AllowOpenInDraftView = True
ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom = 100 'change zoom if desired
End Sub

Sub AutoNew()

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--