Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne anne is offline

Default Default is center justification

When I open Word the cursor is in the center of the page, and I have to
click on the flush left icon or all copy will be centered. How can I change
the setting to flush left and not centered so that when I open the program it
defaults to flush left? I am working in Word 2007.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open your normal.dotm (or normal.dotx if you don't have any macros)
template (Office Button, "Templates" in the list at the left), change
the paragraph style of the empty paragraph that appears to the style
you want your document to start with (probably Normal), type a
character and delete it (just to wake Word up so it saves your
change), and save and close the template.

If your Normal style somehow got center-aligned, then open the Styles
panel (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S), right-click on Normal, choose Modify, and
change the alignment to left (or justified, if you prefer), and Save
and Close as above.

On Jul 1, 6:51*pm, anne wrote:
When I open Word the cursor is in the center of the page, and I have to *
click on the flush left icon or all copy will be centered. *How can I change
the setting to flush left and not centered so that when I open the program it
defaults to flush left? *I am working in Word 2007.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See my answer in your other thread.