hanajack hanajack is offline
Junior Member

Default "Fragment, consider revising"

The automatic fragment check aspect of Word 2010 is a huge hindrance for much of the work I do - IE. inventory lists.
Tried everything I can think of to have Word bypass/eliminate this check, which comes right back after clicking 'ignore' and making any other entry.

Can I, how can I, get rid of it?

[It seems to assume you are writing the great American novel.]

Any tips, information, how to, appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It might be slightly different in Word2010, but in Word2007 you turn off
Grammar Checking (it never should have been turned on!) either by going
to Word Options under the Office Button (upper left corner), choose
Proofing, and uncheck both of the options for checking grammar.

You get to the same controls from the Review tab, the Spelling & Grammar
button at the left end, and Options at the bottom. (You can also uncheck
"Check grammar" for that one document at that point.)

On Monday, February 10, 2014 1:25:49 AM UTC-5, hanajack wrote:
The automatic fragment check aspect of Word 2010 is a huge hindrance for
much of the work I do - IE. inventory lists.
Tried everything I can think of to have Word bypass/eliminate this
check, which comes right back after clicking 'ignore' and making any
other entry.
Can I, how can I, get rid of it?
[It seems to assume you are writing the great American novel.]
Any tips, information, how to, appreciated!

hanajack hanajack is offline
Junior Member

Thanks to you I got it; but, stumbled into it. There was no Office Button. With the Review tab, the Spell/Gram. offers no Options; clicking it, it checks what it says. Sorry, can't describe my random procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like the switch to 2010 is almost as traumatic as the switch from
2003 to 2007. But I've learned that the new version(s) -- 2013 -- have
some features (unadvertised) that would be very useful for me.