Rose OKeefe

Default Format Switches - Please explain

I have just upgraded from 97 to Word 2003. Format Swtiches are a new concept
to me. I frequently use Excel as my data source and create form letters in
Word using mail merge. I have figured out the basics of using formating
switches for dates and text but I want to know where I can find a
comprehensive list of switches and and explaination of how they are formed.

For instance it looks to me like when I am formatting numbers I have to use \#
and when I am formatting text I used \@
and when I am using built in switch formats I use \*

I am excited about the versitility this provides me - not having to reformat
my data source. Is there a website that anyone knows that will explain the
structure and list all the different switches?

Thanks,
Rose