Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bejewell

Default Delete and Backspace features disabled in Word

My boss is having trouble with Word - for some reason, he is no longer able
to delete text by selecting the text and then pressing the Delete key or the
Backspace key on his keyboard. I've been all over his Tools/Options/Edit
menu, but can't find anything that would have disabled these keyboard
features.

Any suggestions? A free lunch is riding on this...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Tools Options General
uncheck both options that have WordPerfect in them.

Tools Options Edit
check "Typing Replaces Selection"
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Bejewell" wrote in message
My boss is having trouble with Word - for some reason, he is no longer
able
to delete text by selecting the text and then pressing the Delete key or
the
Backspace key on his keyboard. I've been all over his Tools/Options/Edit
menu, but can't find anything that would have disabled these keyboard
features.

Any suggestions? A free lunch is riding on this...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Do it again?

These are the only known controls that make any difference here.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

news