promissary letter

Default biography of my life

I want to write a book about my life I need to know how to set it up on the
computer page by page
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

(This is going to sound harsh - but I don't mean to be mean.) What you're
asking would take quite a bit of time out of our lives. I'd suggest you
invest a little time out of your "biographicable" life and read a book on
the basics of using Word. (BTW - it would be an autobiography if you're
writing it yourself.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"promissary letter" wrote in
message ...
I want to write a book about my life I need to know how to set it up on the
computer page by page

Jezebel

Page 1 should cover the time when you were eight and your brother Scout
broke his arm. It should flow by itself from there.

"promissary letter" wrote in
message ...
I want to write a book about my life I need to know how to set it up on the
computer page by page

Jezebel

(BTW - it would be an autobiography if you're
writing it yourself.)

Perhaps his life has an independent life, hence 'biography of *my life*'
rather than 'biography of me' ...

Daiya Mitchell

You are the only person who can decide how to set it up, at least until you
have a publisher, but see he

So You Want to Write a Book with MS Word
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

If you wanted advice on what goes into a biography, this newsgroup is
designed to advise on the technical aspects of using Word, not to give
advice on the *content* of documents written in Word. It is not the best
place to ask your question. Search the web for examples (using Google at
http://www.google.com/ or another search engine), or use your imagination.

On 9/2/05 9:43 PM, "promissary letter" wrote:

I want to write a book about my life I need to know how to set it up on the
computer page by page

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Wow - you know the OP! ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Page 1 should cover the time when you were eight and your brother Scout
broke his arm. It should flow by itself from there.

"promissary letter" wrote in
message ...
I want to write a book about my life I need to know how to set it up on
the
computer page by page

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Or maybe the OP has multiple personalities and it's one of the late comers
who's doing the writing.

(I know - that's bad.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
(BTW - it would be an autobiography if you're
writing it yourself.)

Perhaps his life has an independent life, hence 'biography of *my life*'
rather than 'biography of me' ...

Hi Ho Silver

Well, it so happens....that I am doing exactly that; and have been working
at it off and on for about two years. I have about 40 separate Word
documents so far, with a total of about 17 MB. A lot of the 17MB is
pictures that I have pasted into the document(s) to illustrate what I am
writing about. Generally, how I have it set up so far is:

- a master Windows XP folder I call "JPH History" that resides on my
desktop.
- subfolders for selected topics; e.g., I lived in England for a time,
so I have a folder called "Idylls of England".
- each file has a unique and memorable name, reflecting the content of
that chapter. Some of my files are simply lists; e.g., a list of all the
addresses
of houses I lived in during my life; another is a list of all the cars I
ever owned.
- I generally write with what I might call 'stream of consciousness'
flow - just getting it down on the screen and leaving the tweaking to later;
also go back to add to the files when I think of something to add.
- a subfolder I call "Photos and Images" to collect images for later
inclusion in a chapter.
- I keep a separate CD backup for my JPH History folder -- I now have a
lot invested in this project and make frequent CD backups.
- I bought a HP 3970 Scanner for the project -- I use this to transfer
selected old family photos into digital images that will go into a folder
named, say, "Family of Origin Photos". I also used the scanner to digitize
my birth certificate, baptismal certificate, college diploma, etc.
- I bought my own copy of Word 2002 for Dummies, and read through the
whole thing so I would have basic skills. I was already a very good typist,
but I wanted to be reasonably efficient about my project.
- I am doing a lot of 'googling' searching for background material.
Also,
do a google search for _writing your autobiography_ You will get lots of
references
and hints.

Good luck!
--
John Hanley

To send return email:
jphanley
@
ix.
netcom.
com

"promissary letter" wrote in
message ...
I want to write a book about my life I need to know how to set it up on the
computer page by page

relay for life symbol lindsey Microsoft Word Help 1 May 10th 05 09:31 PM
Money for life mike Tables 0 February 25th 05 10:55 AM
Money for life mike Mailmerge 0 February 25th 05 10:55 AM
Money for life mike Microsoft Word Help 0 February 25th 05 10:55 AM