Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ADDING PAGES TO LABELS

Default How do I add pages when making labels in Microsoft Word?

I would like to create several pages of lables...all the labels have
different text. I don't know how to add pages to the document. Do I have to
have a different file name for each page of lables? Please explain. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Labels are simply preset tables. When you are in the last cell (label) press
tab and a new row will be created. Continue until you have a page.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/tables.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"ADDING PAGES TO LABELS" ADDING PAGES TO
wrote in message ...
I would like to create several pages of lables...all the labels have
different text. I don't know how to add pages to the document. Do I have
have a different file name for each page of lables? Please explain.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although, as Charles says, labels are just tables, and you can add rows,
this works only for label types with no spacer rows. For such types you will
have to copy/paste pairs of rows or even whole pages of labels. If you are
doing many labels, it is much easier to create them with a mail merge. Not
only does this automatically handle creation of additional pages, but your
mail merge data source remains available for use in other types of labels,
envelopes, letters, and other documents and can be edited and updated so
that new label documents can be created for new label mailings; since it is
extremely difficult to edit existing labels (if you want to maintain
alphabetical or ZIP code order), it is far preferable to redo the merge.