Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Deneen

Default ? do I get Product Key for Word 2002 if CD wasn't sent w/pc?

I bought a PC from ShopNBC but did not recieve a product checklist. Microsoft
Word 2002 was installed but not activated. I had 30 days to request missing
products but since I didn't have a checklist I didn't know what to look for.
I didn't think about checking my programs because they were suppose to be
ready to use I thought. When I did try to use it the 30 days were up and I
was screwed out of my Microsoft Word 2002. The CD was suppose to be in with
the PC, but wasn't. I was hoping someone in here might be able to help me. my
e-mail address is:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

If you got Word 2002 as part of Works Suite 2005 or 2006, then
the Word 2002 product key could be with the Certificate of
Authenticity for Works Suite.

Richard Deneen wrote:

I bought a PC from ShopNBC but did not recieve a product checklist. Microsoft
Word 2002 was installed but not activated. I had 30 days to request missing
products but since I didn't have a checklist I didn't know what to look for.
I didn't think about checking my programs because they were suppose to be
ready to use I thought. When I did try to use it the 30 days were up and I
was screwed out of my Microsoft Word 2002. The CD was suppose to be in with
the PC, but wasn't. I was hoping someone in here might be able to help me. my
e-mail address is:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It sounds like a trial version of Word was installed. The only way to
convert a trial version to a full version is to buy it. If you paid for a
full version I am sure you would know about it and the PC supplier should
come up with the goods.

Richard Deneen wrote:
I bought a PC from ShopNBC but did not recieve a product checklist.
Microsoft Word 2002 was installed but not activated. I had 30 days to
request missing products but since I didn't have a checklist I didn't
know what to look for. I didn't think about checking my programs
because they were suppose to be ready to use I thought. When I did
try to use it the 30 days were up and I was screwed out of my
Microsoft Word 2002. The CD was suppose to be in with the PC, but
wasn't. I was hoping someone in here might be able to help me. my
e-mail address is:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Hi Richard:

Typically budget-priced vendors do not provide physical media with their
low-end products these days. The install source for the product may be on
your hard disk (possibly in a hidden partition) and there may be
instructions on the manual for making your own CD if you need it.

However, if they are a legitimate vendor, they will have provided you with a
little booklet that contains the Certificates of Authenticity for Windows
and all of the applications they gave you. These certificates contain the
product key: all you have to do is type it in according to the instructions
you get when the product asks you to Activate it.

If you didn't get the booklet either, you can go back to the vendor and
demand it. The vendors have signed an agreement with Microsoft that
requires them to provide you with the keys for the products you have. If
you have lost the key, the vendor is required to be able to look up their
records and replace it for you. If they don't do that, they will be in a
lot of trouble with both the consumer authorities and Microsoft, and they
know it, so press your point with confidence :-)

However: Nobody is going to email you a key :-) These keys are personally
registered to the individual. The only way I could give you my key is if I
go buy another one for myself, or stop using my product. I am sure you're a
nice fellow, but I don't know you that well :-)

Cheers

On 16/3/06 12:15 PM, in article
, "Richard Deneen"
Richard
wrote:

I bought a PC from ShopNBC but did not recieve a product checklist. Microsoft
Word 2002 was installed but not activated. I had 30 days to request missing
products but since I didn't have a checklist I didn't know what to look for.
I didn't think about checking my programs because they were suppose to be
ready to use I thought. When I did try to use it the 30 days were up and I
was screwed out of my Microsoft Word 2002. The CD was suppose to be in with
the PC, but wasn't. I was hoping someone in here might be able to help me. my
e-mail address is:

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410