Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cheri @ king county cheri @ king county is offline

Default Closing Word when Closing a Document

When I close a document in Word, it closes the Word program as well, which
causes an error on my computer and slows everything to a stop while a blank
Word document opens.

Is there a setting that I can change such that when I close a Word document,
it doesn't close the program too? For example, in Excel, if you close an
Excel workbook, it leaves the program open for you to either open another
file or start a new one. Older Word versions used to do this, but with Word
2007, it doesn't.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

cheri @ king county wrote:
When I close a document in Word, it closes the Word program as well,
which causes an error on my computer and slows everything to a stop
while a blank Word document opens.

Is there a setting that I can change such that when I close a Word
document, it doesn't close the program too? For example, in Excel, if
you close an Excel workbook, it leaves the program open for you to
either open another file or start a new one. Older Word versions used
to do this, but with Word 2007, it doesn't.

Read
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4f3aa13ee83cf7

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Close your last open document with Ctrl-W (or Office button Close)
rather than by clickiing the X in the upper right.