paul cardin paul cardin is offline
Junior Member

Location: Wirral, Merseyside
Default Using wildcards to highlight certain text

Hi,

I would like to highlight special instances of text in a Word document by using wildcards. I've searched widely, but my particular circumstances don't appear to be catered for.

I'd like to transform ALL instances of [word [timestamp]] in a document, e.g. [inaudible [12:34]] so that the square brackets and all the contents are highlighted in yellow in one press, after set-up.

I've tried the dialog box for find and replace / wildcards, etc. but cannot find a way through to achieving this with what would ultimately be one button press !

I thought I had it at one point when I set it up, pressed enter, and all my examples were highlighted in yellow...

...BUT the original text was lost, and replaced with hundreds of[*]s. Hope someone can help because the time saved compared to doing this manually would be enormous,

Many thanks, Paul
paul cardin paul cardin is offline
Junior Member

Location: Wirral, Merseyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul cardin View Post
[...]

There's a mistake in the above post.
The correct text is [inaudibe 12:34] (without the square brackets around the time stamp)

Thanks.