Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jayare

Default Word 2007 Default Font

I can't get the default font to change in Word 2007. When I pull down the
dialog box for Font (lower right corner), then pick Default, the message says
it is going to change the font, just like in previous versions of Word. But
when I then close Word 2007, and reopen, my new font is not there.

Any suggestions?
--
Jay Are H
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Jay,

If you're using
Home=Styles=Change Styles=Fonts
you're selecting a Font Set for a theme. If you choose one then go back to the same dialog and set 'default' that should stick.

If you're trying to change the default font for a Word style use
Home=Styles and click the Styles dialog launcher (the square on the bottom right of the Styles group) then right click on the
style you want to change and select modify. After changing the font for a style choose the 'New documents based on this template'
radio button at the bottom of the Modify Style dialog. (The default is to make the change only to the document you're working on).

===========
"jayare" wrote in message ...

I can't get the default font to change in Word 2007. When I pull down the
dialog box for Font (lower right corner), then pick Default, the message says
it is going to change the font, just like in previous versions of Word. But
when I then close Word 2007, and reopen, my new font is not there.

Any suggestions?
--
Jay Are H
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jayare

Bob, thanks, that works.

Any idea why the default option that I ge to using the Font dialog launcher
doesn't work? Is it just a hold over from older versions?

Thanks,
--
Jay Are H

"jayare" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

I'm not sure but using the Font Dialog and the Default command works
for me. It could be the change isn't being saved to your
Normal.template. Click the Microsoft Office Button and select "Word
Options". Then in the Advanced section, locate the Save options and
turn on "Prompt before saving Normal template". Then make your font
change again and exit Word. You should be prompted to save your Normal
template. If you don't encounter this message then let us know and
we'll go from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"jayare" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jayare

Naturally, that works also now.......

Even now when I switch back and forth from Prompt Before Saving to no
prompt, it still makes the default change.

FYI, I left Word 2003 installed, but every time I tried to make the default
font change in 2007, the 2007 normal.dot file properties showed it was
changed, even though it kept the old font default.
--
Jay Are H

"jayare" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

If you have both installed then I recommend creating another folder
for your User Templates for Word 2007 and make sure Normal.dotm is
placed in your Word 2007 folder. This way there will be two separate
Normal templates in two different folders.

I just created another folder called Word 2007 in my User Templates
folder and pointed the Word 2007 User Templates location to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"jayare" wrote in message
[...]

Jim5757 Jim5757 is offline
Junior Member

Bob,
I followed your directions. Still no change. It seems as if the default setting won't accept any changes. It will allow me to make them, but won't make the changes in the normal template. I AM choosing the option for all new documents.

Help!!!!
jim
Computergal12 Computergal12 is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation

I need some answers here people. I recentlly saved a document that was a different font color and style not to mention size, but when I tried to reopen it, microsoft was not going to reuse what i did. Some of my sentences were off from where I had them. Can anyone solve/ answer my problem? Btw it's microsoft 2010 version. I can't figure out why its doing this..PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

It's URGENT!!!!!

Computergal12

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
Default font - possible bulletproof fix in Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 14th 05 10:14 PM