Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
miriam

Default why do my word documents automatically open as read only

All word documents on my networked computer open as read-only which means
that I can't save them. I am using Win XP. I have repeatedly used the folder
options tab to turn off the read only attribute ( which incidentaly is not
checked ) but still when trying to save the changes to the document it will
not let me as it is still reading the document as read only.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This could be a network permissions issue that is preventing you from
deleting the Word lock files - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm and have a chat with
your network supervisor.

miriam wrote:
All word documents on my networked computer open as read-only which
means that I can't save them. I am using Win XP. I have repeatedly
used the folder options tab to turn off the read only attribute (
which incidentaly is not checked ) but still when trying to save the
changes to the document it will not let me as it is still reading the
document as read only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli

Right-click on the folder which contains your WORD files and choose Sharing &
Security. Make a check mark on "Allow Network Users to change my files"

Let us know!

"miriam" wrote:

All word documents on my networked computer open as read-only which means
that I can't save them. I am using Win XP. I have repeatedly used the folder
options tab to turn off the read only attribute ( which incidentaly is not
checked ) but still when trying to save the changes to the document it will
not let me as it is still reading the document as read only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
a_c_can a_c_can is offline

Does not work. This is extremely frustrating feature of M Word 2007 refuses
to save because the document is now read-only

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM