Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grandlife B Grandlife B is offline

Default How to insert musical symbols?

How do I insert musical symbols using Word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Use a font that contains the symbols. If you don't have one, search the web
for one to purchase.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Grandlife B" Grandlife wrote in message
How do I insert musical symbols using Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

My copy of Word 2000 came with a font called Helsinki Metronome, which seems
to be musical symbols but which I can't make appear on the screen, and
another called Reprise Text - also musical notes and symbols, but this one
works.

I'm not sure I'd want the hassle of trying to put together even a short
length of actual music, though; I imagine that there are dedicated add-ons
for that.

Bert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

That font was never offered with Word regardless of version.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
My copy of Word 2000 came with a font called Helsinki Metronome, which
seems to be musical symbols but which I can't make appear on the screen,
and another called Reprise Text - also musical notes and symbols, but this
one works.

I'm not sure I'd want the hassle of trying to put together even a short
length of actual music, though; I imagine that there are dedicated add-ons
for that.

Bert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

JoAnn Paules wrote:

That font was never offered with Word regardless of version.

Which font? I mentioned two. I must have got them from somewhere and
certainly didn't deliberately obtain them myself; perhaps they were simply
part of Windows XP.

Bert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Neither. Nor were they offered with Windows XP or any other Microsoft
offering.

Many programs come with fonts, even some printers.

--

JoAnn Paules wrote:

That font was never offered with Word regardless of version.

Which font? I mentioned two. I must have got them from somewhere and
certainly didn't deliberately obtain them myself; perhaps they were simply
part of Windows XP.

Bert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jgt jgt is offline

Try http://simplythebest.net/fonts/musical_fonts.html
http://websitetips.com/fonts/music/
http://www.renaesroom.com/Fonts/Avai...usicFonts.html
http://www.paratype.ru/fstore/fonts/Musical.htm
http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~luc/music.html
and see if they have something you like, good luck.