Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default HELP Fields are showing-affecting pagination

Earlier today, in another doc, I inserted captions (2007).
This pm in another set of docs, my captions are showing as
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1 cTRL+f9
or Table 4-15, when printed.

How to get rid of seeing this as toggle field does not work and I am on
deadline.
--
Janet A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Janet ,

Goto Word Options|Advanced|Print and uncheck the 'Print field codes instead of their values' option.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message ...
Earlier today, in another doc, I inserted captions (2007).
This pm in another set of docs, my captions are showing as
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1 cTRL+f9
or Table 4-15, when printed.

How to get rid of seeing this as toggle field does not work and I am on
deadline.
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Macropod, it is unchecked. The only ones that are checked are background
printing and A 4 something (2007)
--
Janet A.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Janet ,

Goto Word Options|Advanced|Print and uncheck the 'Print field codes instead of their values' option.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message ...
Earlier today, in another doc, I inserted captions (2007).
This pm in another set of docs, my captions are showing as
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1 cTRL+f9
or Table 4-15, when printed.

How to get rid of seeing this as toggle field does not work and I am on
deadline.
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Janet,

In my previous reply, I assumed your printout was actuallu showing as:
{STYLEREF 1 \S} {SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1}
and that:
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1 cTRL+f9
was just the way you were representing it. If it's actually printing as the latter, that suggests someone has replaced the field
codes in the document with with their own pseudo-code representation of the field coding. What do you see when you look at the page
concerned in print layout view and print preview?

--

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Janet ,

Goto Word Options|Advanced|Print and uncheck the 'Print field codes instead of their values' option.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
Earlier today, in another doc, I inserted captions (2007).
This pm in another set of docs, my captions are showing as
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1 cTRL+f9
or Table 4-15, when printed.

How to get rid of seeing this as toggle field does not work and I am on
deadline.
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you saying that field results are not showing but that they do print
correctly?

If so, do the following: In the Word Options dialog box, click the Advanced
category. Under "Show document content," clear "Show field codes instead of
their values." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Janet ,

Goto Word Options|Advanced|Print and uncheck the 'Print field codes
instead of their values' option.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
Earlier today, in another doc, I inserted captions (2007).
This pm in another set of docs, my captions are showing as
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1
cTRL+f9
or Table 4-15, when printed.

How to get rid of seeing this as toggle field does not work and I am on
deadline.
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Yes, field results are not showing but that they do print
correctly?

and this makes it very difficult to edit the doc for correct pagination, etc.
In Adv. I believe in the Prnt setting, that box IS cleared. I will check if
there is a box talking about "showing" as you suggest.

Also, this anomality is only on my computer. When I take the doc to another
computer, it acts normal so I figure it is a setting. Thanks
--
Janet A.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Janet ,

Goto Word Options|Advanced|Print and uncheck the 'Print field codes
instead of their values' option.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
Earlier today, in another doc, I inserted captions (2007).
This pm in another set of docs, my captions are showing as
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1
cTRL+f9
or Table 4-15, when printed.

How to get rid of seeing this as toggle field does not work and I am on
deadline.
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Janet,

Alt-F9 toggles the field code display at the document level, whilst selecting a field and pressing Shift-F9 toggles the field code
display for the selected field.

--

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Janet ,

Goto Word Options|Advanced|Print and uncheck the 'Print field codes
instead of their values' option.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
Earlier today, in another doc, I inserted captions (2007).
This pm in another set of docs, my captions are showing as
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1
cTRL+f9
or Table 4-15, when printed.

How to get rid of seeing this as toggle field does not work and I am on
deadline.
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And if the keyboard shortcut doesn't work it could have been reassigned.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP