Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidAus DavidAus is offline

Default Access denied. Contact your administrator.

Suddenly (last week) , I am unable to open certain word files over a home
network.
The server runs XP Word 2007 SP 2
The computer runs XP Word 2003 SP3
Same problem for a XP Word 2007 SP 2
So same problem with two other computers
Within the same folder some files will open across the network and some
files give message "Access denied. Contact your administrator."
I do not use priveliges etc. I am the administrator.
I have permitted full sharing access to the folder
I do use the *.docx format.
Can anyone help?
On the server, if I open the file and resave it as an .rtf then it opens
across the network without any problems so it seems like a problem in .doc
files only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline

"DavidAus" wrote in message
Suddenly (last week) , I am unable to open certain word files over a home
network.
The server runs XP Word 2007 SP 2
The computer runs XP Word 2003 SP3
Same problem for a XP Word 2007 SP 2
So same problem with two other computers
Within the same folder some files will open across the network and some
files give message "Access denied. Contact your administrator."
I do not use priveliges etc. I am the administrator.
I have permitted full sharing access to the folder
I do use the *.docx format.
Can anyone help?
On the server, if I open the file and resave it as an .rtf then it opens
across the network without any problems so it seems like a problem in .doc
files only.

It seems to me that security updates seem to return your settings to the
default values "willy-nilly" and then you have to sort them out.