Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt Matt is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2007 printing problems

You probably already know this but there is a HUGE bug when printing
documents from word.
I use a hp photosmart 3310 printer from HP but the printing problem is NOT
AT ALL RELATED TO THE PRINTER SOFTWARE, HARDWARE ETC.

I have my printing software defaulted as Fast Draft (fastest setting) but
when i want to print a document on lets say Normal (good quality) the output
is from the printer is TINY (the page is shrunk by like 4 times) Now if i
defualt my print settings to Normal and i want to print something as Fast
Draft word 2007 says the margins are too large and the print output is like
20 size font strechted a lot on the page.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are hardly the first person to have pointed this out. You are aware, I
assume, that the software you are using is Beta software? The workaround for
this bug is to change the printer resolution in the printer Properties
before starting Word.

"matt" wrote in message
You probably already know this but there is a HUGE bug when printing
documents from word.
I use a hp photosmart 3310 printer from HP but the printing problem is NOT
AT ALL RELATED TO THE PRINTER SOFTWARE, HARDWARE ETC.

I have my printing software defaulted as Fast Draft (fastest setting) but
when i want to print a document on lets say Normal (good quality) the

output
is from the printer is TINY (the page is shrunk by like 4 times) Now if i
defualt my print settings to Normal and i want to print something as Fast
Draft word 2007 says the margins are too large and the print output is

like
20 size font strechted a lot on the page.

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Office 2007 is BETA software. That means it has bugs. This is hardly a
surprise.

The problem you describe has been reported dozens of times in this newsgroup
alone (which you can find by searching in Google Groups).

Further, the problem IS related to the printer driver software, or at least
to the interaction between Word and the driver. The reports are
overwhelmingly (but not exclusively) concerned with HP printers.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

matt wrote:
You probably already know this but there is a HUGE bug when printing
documents from word.
I use a hp photosmart 3310 printer from HP but the printing problem
is NOT AT ALL RELATED TO THE PRINTER SOFTWARE, HARDWARE ETC.

I have my printing software defaulted as Fast Draft (fastest setting)
but when i want to print a document on lets say Normal (good quality)
the output is from the printer is TINY (the page is shrunk by like 4
times) Now if i defualt my print settings to Normal and i want to
print something as Fast Draft word 2007 says the margins are too
large and the print output is like 20 size font strechted a lot on
the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Tom is offline

matt wrote:
You probably already know this but there is a HUGE bug when printing
documents from word.
I use a hp photosmart 3310 printer from HP but the printing problem
is NOT AT ALL RELATED TO THE PRINTER SOFTWARE, HARDWARE ETC.

I have my printing software defaulted as Fast Draft (fastest setting)
but when i want to print a document on lets say Normal (good quality)
the output is from the printer is TINY (the page is shrunk by like 4
times) Now if i defualt my print settings to Normal and i want to
print something as Fast Draft word 2007 says the margins are too
large and the print output is like 20 size font strechted a lot on
the page.

It seems rather strange that this kind of printing problem is excused as a "beta" problem. Surely the code authors printed things! Also, HP printers are not strange off-beat machines with pecuiar problems. My HPs have worked fine with every other word processor I have used, but they show the same problem as Matt's with Word 2007. With 2007 I can vary the scale of print-out by selecting the QUALITY of the print It is about right with DRAFT and I am forced to use that. Second, I have had a lot of trouble with 2007 shrinking the width of the printout, and finally resolved it by deleting one COMMENT note. 2007 only prints the screen image, i.e. the image shrunken to show the COMMENT. It would be nice if the MS corresponts who continually blame HP would tell us what make of printer works well with Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most users have found that if they change the output resolution from Draft
to Normal before starting Word, the problem is solved. And you MUST accept
the fact that beta software is unfinished software. No one is forcing you to
use it.

"TOM" wrote in message

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Office 2007 is BETA software. That means it has bugs. This is hardly a
surprise.

The problem you describe has been reported dozens of times in this

newsgroup
alone (which you can find by searching in Google Groups).

Further, the problem IS related to the printer driver software, or at

least
to the interaction between Word and the driver. The reports are
overwhelmingly (but not exclusively) concerned with HP printers.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so