Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jemiller jemiller is offline

Default How to change cut and paste preferences to text only?

I do a lot of cut and pasting from different sources. I typically have to
always select paste unformatted text only. Is there a way to make this the
default and then I can change later if I do something else?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

jemiller wrote:
I do a lot of cut and pasting from different sources. I typically
have to always select paste unformatted text only. Is there a way to
make this the default and then I can change later if I do something
else?

If you have Word 2007, go to Office button Word Options Advanced Cut,
copy, and paste. The first four dropdowns in that group allow you to set the
defaults for various situations. Probably only the "Pasting from other
programs" dropdown needs to be set to Keep Text Only. You may or may not
want to check the option for Show Paste Options Buttons, which lets you
change the selection after each paste.

Earlier versions of Word don't have the default options, but the Paste
Options buttons are available (at least in 2003, I'm not sure how far back
they go).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or you could add the following macro to a toolbar button or keyboard
shortcut

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo Oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, _
Placement:=wdInLine
End
Oops:
Beep