Doh

Default Change footnotes to endnotes?

I have a document that was made using footnotes, and I need to change them
all to endnotes. Is there a way to convert them all at once without having to
cut and paste each one? I'm using Word 2K and Win98SE. Thanks for your help.
Opinicus

"Doh" wrote

I have a document that was made using footnotes, and I need
to change them
all to endnotes. Is there a way to convert them all at
once without having to
cut and paste each one? I'm using Word 2K and Win98SE.
Thanks for your help.

This should work: Go to the beginning of the document. Click
on "View" then "Footnotes". In the footnotes view, click on
any footnote then hit control-A (to mark all the
footnotes). Right-click on any footnote and pick "Convert to
endnote". Vwalla your footnotes have been converted to
endnotes.

In most cases they will also have been renumbered in
lower-case Roman numerals. If that is not to your liking, go
to the beginning of the document. (Anywhere before the first
footnote/endnote.) Do this:

alt-i(nsert) footnote endnote {Change number format to
your liking} insert {Type something. "xyzzy" will do.}
{Go to the reference number in the text for the footnote you
just entered and delete it.}

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

1. Open the Insert | Footnote dialog and click Convert...

2. The radio button for "Convert all footnotes to endnotes" will probably
already be selected; if not, select it and press OK.

3. This will return you to the Footnote and Endnote dialog. Click Close.

4. Reopen the Insert | Footnote dialog.

5. Select the radio button for Endnotes and select the desired number
format. Then click Apply.