Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How to delete the last section break?

Interesting observation! I guess this is because you delete the hidden
section break in the final paragraph mark (for a two-section document that
is). But, as you wrote, it does assume that headers and footers of the
deleted section are linked.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mecalith" wrote in message
Hello, Stefan.
Note: If you delete from the end of the penultimate section to the end of
the document with [Shift]+[Ctrl]+[End] , [Delete], then the Page Setup is
unchanged regardless of the Page Setup of the original ultimate section.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

It seems as if you didn't read the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm very carefully,
because linking headers and footers to those of the previous section is
also
explained in the article (though there are no specific instructions for
Word
2007).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Three Lefts" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:52:04 -0700, Mecalith
wrote:

For Microsoft Word 2007

1) Make backup copy of document in case this does not work.

2) Preserve Section 1 Header and Footer
In Header -Section 2- [Link to Previous]
1. Double-click the header in section 2.
2. Click [Link to Previous] ( Design Navigation).
3. Click [Yes] at "Do you want to delete this header/footer and connect
the header/footer in the previous section?".

In Footer -Section 3- [Link to Previous]
1. Double-click the footer in section 2.
2. Click [Link to Previous] (Design Navigation).
3. Click [Yes] at "Do you want to delete this header/footer and connect
the header/footer in the previous section?".

3) Preserve Section 1 Page Layout.

1. Place cursor at the end of section 1. ( i.e. before the section
break )
2. Select the tail of the document. ( [ Shift]+[Ctrl]+[End] )
3. Delete selection. (Delete)

Clever. It looks like it will work. The backup is probably more in
case *I* don't follow the procedure exactly... ;-)

I'll test this the next time it comes up. I already manually deleted
that last section.

I see an opportunity for a handy macro (DeleteLastSection) written by
some clever MVP and made available on that same page where the hints
are.