Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Uniquorn Uniquorn is offline

Default Adding a new page

Hi, I have what I hope is an easy question. I've begun a two-page resume. The
first page is two columns, and it looks good. However, I'm unable to add
another page. When I put the cursor at the bottom of the page, and try to
insert a page, no matter what I do the new (blank) page comes before the
original page. How do I add a blank page to a page with columns?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are these snaking columns or a table? Most résumés (at least those based on
Microsoft templates) are created as tables, to which you add rows by tabbing
out of the last one.

http://word.mvps.org

"Uniquorn" wrote in message
Hi, I have what I hope is an easy question. I've begun a two-page resume.
The
first page is two columns, and it looks good. However, I'm unable to add
another page. When I put the cursor at the bottom of the page, and try to
insert a page, no matter what I do the new (blank) page comes before the
original page. How do I add a blank page to a page with columns?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Uniquorn Uniquorn is offline

I didn't use one of the templates. I created a narrow column on the left, to
make it look like a brochure, with a list of my key skills and contact info.
Then a larger column on the right with my work history, etc. Is there no way
to add another page? Should I do it using tables instead?

"Uniquorn" wrote in message
Hi, I have what I hope is an easy question. I've begun a two-page resume.
The
first page is two columns, and it looks good. However, I'm unable to add
another page. When I put the cursor at the bottom of the page, and try to
insert a page, no matter what I do the new (blank) page comes before the
original page. How do I add a blank page to a page with columns?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If they're really snaking columns, then a second page should follow
automatically when the first is full. If you want a break before you fill a
column, insert a column break (Ctrl+Shift+Enter), but I still think this
would probably be better done with a table.

http://word.mvps.org