Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Default Scroll button doesn't work in Word 2007

Hi

I've just installed Office 2007 and the scroll button on my mouse doesn't
work in Word. It does work in Outlook and Excel. I use a Logitech wireless
mouse and also a Packard Bell wired mouse. Neither will work in Word. I
uninstalled the software for my Logitech mouse and the scroll button still
didn't work. Everything looks ok in the Mouse options in Control Panel. Does
anyone know how I can fix this?

--
Jackie D
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Hi Jackie,

Are you using the latest mouse drivers for your Logitech mouse? What
model Logitech mouse is it?
Where is the mouse cursor on the screen when you try to use the scroll
wheel?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jackie D" wrote in message
:

Hi

I've just installed Office 2007 and the scroll button on my mouse doesn't
work in Word. It does work in Outlook and Excel. I use a Logitech wireless
mouse and also a Packard Bell wired mouse. Neither will work in Word. I
uninstalled the software for my Logitech mouse and the scroll button still
didn't work. Everything looks ok in the Mouse options in Control Panel. Does
anyone know how I can fix this?

--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SmFja2llIEQ=?=,

I've just installed Office 2007 and the scroll button on my mouse doesn't
work in Word. It does work in Outlook and Excel. I use a Logitech wireless
mouse and also a Packard Bell wired mouse. Neither will work in Word. I
uninstalled the software for my Logitech mouse and the scroll button still
didn't work. Everything looks ok in the Mouse options in Control Panel. Does
anyone know how I can fix this?

Not a help, I know, but my mousewheel does work in Word 2007. You might try
contacting Logitech support, see if they know about the problem and perhaps
have (or will have) an update for their mouse-driver.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Hi Patrick, I do have the latest drivers for my mouse. The mouse came with my
DiNovo cordless desktop for notebooks. I'm not sure of the actual make but
from the Logitech pics it looks like a V200.

I ought to clarify that if I click on my page of text and press the scroll
button I can scroll. What I can't do is turn the wheel a few notches to get
the text to move a few lines at a time. And this is the function I use all
the time so not having it is really slowing me down.

I've contacted Microsoft who said get in touch with Logitech. I've been in
touch with Logitech who said contact Microsoft! I thought there might be a
setting I needed to change but I can't find anything in mouse properties. It
is strange that it works in the other Office programmes.

I'm having the same problem with my wires Packard Bell mouse so would that
indicate it's a Word issue?

--
Jackie D

"Jackie D" wrote in message
:

Hi

I've just installed Office 2007 and the scroll button on my mouse doesn't
work in Word. It does work in Outlook and Excel. I use a Logitech wireless
mouse and also a Packard Bell wired mouse. Neither will work in Word. I
uninstalled the software for my Logitech mouse and the scroll button still
didn't work. Everything looks ok in the Mouse options in Control Panel. Does
anyone know how I can fix this?

--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Hi Cindy

I downloaded the latest mouse drivers yesterday but the problem still
persists. I just told Patrick the mouse scrolls up and down the page but what
it doesn't do is move the text a few lines at a time if I move the scroll
button a few notches.

Logitech say it's a Microsoft problem. I don't really want to have to buy
another mouse. I'm having the same problem with my Packard Bell wired mouse
--
Jackie D

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?SmFja2llIEQ=?=,

I've just installed Office 2007 and the scroll button on my mouse doesn't
work in Word. It does work in Outlook and Excel. I use a Logitech wireless
mouse and also a Packard Bell wired mouse. Neither will work in Word. I
uninstalled the software for my Logitech mouse and the scroll button still
didn't work. Everything looks ok in the Mouse options in Control Panel. Does
anyone know how I can fix this?

Not a help, I know, but my mousewheel does work in Word 2007. You might try
contacting Logitech support, see if they know about the problem and perhaps
have (or will have) an update for their mouse-driver.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SmFja2llIEQ=?=,

I downloaded the latest mouse drivers yesterday but the problem still
persists. I just told Patrick the mouse scrolls up and down the page but what
it doesn't do is move the text a few lines at a time if I move the scroll
button a few notches.

Logitech say it's a Microsoft problem. I don't really want to have to buy
another mouse. I'm having the same problem with my Packard Bell wired mouse

Yes, that's the usual run-around between software and device suppliers. It's
actually that Microsoft has changed something with how the software functions
and Logitech (or whoever) still hasn't caught up with their device drivers.
Question of perception...

Fact is, Logitech (and Packard Bell, and may some others) are going to have to
update their drivers at some point. Because I very much doubt MS is going to go
back and change the software, now it's been released and other mouse drivers
have no difficulties.