Peter Harris

Default Word 2003 envelope dialog gone

Using Word 2003 on XP sp2. Until today when we went to the menu and clicked
on tools /.../ Envelopes and Labels... a dialog came up showing the layout
of the selected address on the envelope and certain options, then we could
print it.

Now, from the same menu command, a dialog comes up providing the ability to
set envelope and label options, such as which orientation the envelope should
be put through the printer and whether it is face up or down, etc.

There is no way to print an envelope.

This has happened on two of seven computers here and no one knows of
anything they did that caused the change, though change it has.

How do we get back?

Thank you,
Peter Harris
ph

Hello,
What you describe is what I would expect to see, used to see on the problem
machines, and do see on our other machines.

What happens on the problem machines is that instead of getting the
"Envelopes and Labels" dialog it directly brings up the "Envelope Options"
dialog, the one that you normally get by pressing the "options" button on the
"Envelopes and Labels" dialog. Since it's the options dialog, there's no way
to proceed. It's as if the menu commands got pointed to the wrong dialog.

Ideally, I'd like to know how to reset things, and some thoughts on how it
happened, since it wasn't deliberate on our part.

Thank you,
Peter

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Peter

When I do Tools Letters and Mailings Envelopes and Labels, I see a
dialog box that has two tabs at the top. The Envelopes tab has all the
envelope options; and the Labels tab shows the label set up options.

Is that not what you are seeing?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word