Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rosy3392 Rosy3392 is offline

Default How to input formulas into a sales invoice tamplet from Word?

Hello,

I was doing a form for my business, and I wanted it to insert formulas in
the cells that the form provided, but I don't know how to differ one cell
from the other since they are not lableled like Excel. When I choose
"Formula" in the top tabs, it opens a window to insert the formula, but how
can I do this if the cells are not labeled? I wanted to multiply "Qty." by
"Unit Price" and then get the results in the "Line Total" area with the
formula in that cell.

Any suggestions?? I know I should use Excel, but the paper layout of Word is
way better than Excel's. I know how to use Excel, but again... Word is much
more organized "Print wise" than Excel.

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

When using formulas in a word table the cell numbering scheme is the same as
excel. A1, A2, B4, etc. If you have merged cells you may have to experiment
to discover the correct columnRow reference.
--
Tom Conrad

"Rosy3392" wrote:

Hello,

I was doing a form for my business, and I wanted it to insert formulas in
the cells that the form provided, but I don't know how to differ one cell
from the other since they are not lableled like Excel. When I choose
"Formula" in the top tabs, it opens a window to insert the formula, but how
can I do this if the cells are not labeled? I wanted to multiply "Qty." by
"Unit Price" and then get the results in the "Line Total" area with the
formula in that cell.

Any suggestions?? I know I should use Excel, but the paper layout of Word is
way better than Excel's. I know how to use Excel, but again... Word is much
more organized "Print wise" than Excel.

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rosy3392 Rosy3392 is offline

HELLO!!!

WOW! IT TOOK ME A WHILE BUT I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!! YES YOUR POST
WAS HELPFUL, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT FOR EVERY "NEW" TABLE THAT IS INSERTED ON
THE WORD DOCUMENT IT STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN!!! FOR INSTANCE... YOU OPEN A NEW
TABLE WITH 3 ROWS AND 5 COLUMNS... YOU WANT TO ADD TITLES TO THE FIRST ROW TO
IDENTIFY THE COLUMN BELOW... OK.... THE TITLES AND DATA WOULD BE LIKE:

(NOTE: A, B, C, D, E, 1, 2, 3, 4 are not included in the table. This is
when you start a ne table in Word, or when you open a form to fill out and
want to creat a formula A, B, C, D, 1, 2, 3, 4 ARE NOT THERE TO HELP YOU IN
WORD THOUGH I just created it to direct you on what I am trying to explain)

this
is:
A B C D
1 QTY ITEM # DESCRIPTION UNIT PRICE TOTAL LINE
2 3600 .43 $1,548.00
3
4

To get the "TOTAL LINE" I would imagine "QTY" is A1 so I would put a
formula of =A2*D2 this formula can be inserted by going to the tabs above
and selecting "Layout" it's the last option.

Well, now that I know what to do, I wanted to share it with everyone that
was having trouble. :-) Hopefully it's helpful.