Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do I print even pages of a book?

Oh, dear. You're caught in the "Book fold" trap. I have always found
printing selective pages from a "booklet" very problematic if not
impossible. If you print any given page, Word is supposed to print it, its
same-sheet companion, and the two pages that would be on the reverse side.
In my experience, it often prints entirely different pages or nothing at all
(blanks). You might, however, try checking "Reverse print order" in the
Print Options and see if that does the trick. An expensive experiment,
however. Alternatively, I've never used manual duplex, but is there not some
sort of signal from Word to the printer (or on the printer itself) to start
printing the second side? Obviously, it would be entirely too late for that
at this point, but I'm just curious about how this process works.

"Anoh" wrote in message
You are entirely correct. But here is my problem. I have set it to

manual
duplex. One side of the sheet was printed (40 sheets) correctly, and I
waited too long to remove them and place them back into the tray to print

on
the other side of the sheets. By the time I did it, the printer stops
printing. How do I trick it to print the second set of pages first? I am
trying to avoid wasting all that paper (expensive color printing by the

way).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You didn't mention you were using "Book fold." That's a horse of a

different
color. You can't print just the even pages because every sheet includes

both
an odd and an even page. If you're wanting to print the odd and even

sheets
in order to duplex it, see if "Manual duplex" is available in the Print
dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Anoh" wrote in message
When the multiple page option is setup as "Book Fold", the "File |

Print |
Print: " is set to "All Pages in Range" and is greyed out leaving no

choice
to choose "Even Pages". How do I rectify this problem?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

File | Print | Print: Even pages.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.