Alan

Default Print Margins in Word 2003

I don't understand why changing the paper size to A4 would work. My printer
does not have that size paper therefore it will not print unless I override
by hitting the print button on the printer. This seems more like a work
around anwser rather than a fix. Of course, it's better than I could come up
with.

Is this possibly a bug in Word?

Need help,
Alan

"Jack" wrote:

I am curious as to why you changed the paper size to A4 isntead of letter.
Will that not mees with the other documents you are printing. Ok, i jsut
looked and looks like I can chagne it for the doscument. But that would mean
that the person will need to change it for each document they have, not
efficent.

The reason I am asking these questions is that I ahve the same issue but
with Word 2000.

"Shirley Zaknich" wrote:

Your welcome!
--
All Smiles for the Day, Shirley

"Stina @ Work" wrote:

Thank you SO much! this solved my problem!

"Shirley Zaknich" wrote:

You may want to try the paper size. This should be set to A4 21 x 29.7cm.
--
All Smiles for the Day, Shirley
"Stina @ Work" wrote:

This appears to only affect documents originating from Word 2003.

The problem I am having, as is another co-worker, is that when I print some, not all, Word documents the bottom 2.67" is getting cut off. If you look at the preview the bottom is missing but if you look at the actual document there is text. When I go to check the margins everything is fine with a 1" margin all around. When I press ok it tells me that I need to either fix or ignore the margins. If I choose "Fix" it changes the bottom margin to 2.67".

The problem is not fixed if I save and close it. I know it isn't the printer. This is a shared document, and other computers can open it and print without problems. However, they are not using Word 2003.

I have searched Microsoft help online, Microsoft Word Version 2002 Inside out manual (don't have 2003), and computer support at my work...

mitov

I am also having the same problem and its driving me mad! I have tried
absolutely everything to fix it!On mine, it will not print anything beow
about an inch from the bottom of the page. Also, any text within that inch
does not show up in the print preview. My problem is within the whole of
windows, meaning whatever application i try and print from. Even when i print
from Internet Explorer, the line which shows the address of the page prints
not at the bottom of the page, but an inch upwards.

Can anyone help me? This is driving me mad, and with 2 businesses running,
it is making me insane. Please Please Please can someone help me?

"Jack" wrote:

I am curious as to why you changed the paper size to A4 isntead of letter.
Will that not mees with the other documents you are printing. Ok, i jsut
looked and looks like I can chagne it for the doscument. But that would mean
that the person will need to change it for each document they have, not
efficent.

The reason I am asking these questions is that I ahve the same issue but
with Word 2000.

"Shirley Zaknich" wrote:

Your welcome!
--

"Stina @ Work" wrote:

This appears to only affect documents originating from Word 2003.

The problem I am having, as is another co-worker, is that when I print some, not all, Word documents the bottom 2.67" is getting cut off. If you look at the preview the bottom is missing but if you look at the actual document there is text. When I go to check the margins everything is fine with a 1" margin all around. When I press ok it tells me that I need to either fix or ignore the margins. If I choose "Fix" it changes the bottom margin to 2.67".

The problem is not fixed if I save and close it. I know it isn't the printer. This is a shared document, and other computers can open it and print without problems. However, they are not using Word 2003.

I have searched Microsoft help online, Microsoft Word Version 2002 Inside out manual (don't have 2003), and computer support at my work...

Graham Mayor

The original 2.67" margin problem raised in this thread is almost certainly
attributable to the printer driver - in particular some HP printers have
this problem and for those there are drivers with a fix available from HP at
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/

1" suggests a mismatch between the paper size in page layout and in the
printer driver properties.

"Jack" wrote:

I am curious as to why you changed the paper size to A4 isntead of
letter. Will that not mees with the other documents you are
printing. Ok, i jsut looked and looks like I can chagne it for the
doscument. But that would mean that the person will need to change
it for each document they have, not efficent.

The reason I am asking these questions is that I ahve the same
issue but with Word 2000.

"Shirley Zaknich" wrote:

Your welcome!