Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Default How do I restore a deleted Table of Contents

I know how to generate a TOC and have generated many. However, I deleted the
TOC in a document this morning and nothing I have tried will re-generate it.
Can someone help me.
--
Sharon
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

You say you know how to generate a TOC, so you know that a TOC
can be based on heading styles or on TC fields, and you know to
look at the document in question to see whether the headings are
formatted with heading styles or marked with TC fields, and you
know to create the TOC accordingly.

Sharon wrote:

I know how to generate a TOC and have generated many. However, I deleted the
TOC in a document this morning and nothing I have tried will re-generate it.
Can someone help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Thank you for your reply. I actually do know how to do all of the various
items you mention. That's why I was so puzzled. I think the problem was
trying to re-generate a TOC that I had deleted. When I finally just created a
TOC, it worked.

--
Sharon
Albuquerque, New Mexico