Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shirley Shirley is offline

Default How do I change background color on the Newsletter Template?

Hi There,

I downloaded "Newsletter (Accessory design, 4-col.)" template from Microsoft
Online. I love the layout, but hate the orange background color. I can't,
for the life of me, figure out how to change the orange.

Do any of you have any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I downloaded the template (out of curiosity) and found this:
The orange color is added to an AutoShape that has been inserted in the
_header_ of the document. You can change it as follows:
1. Open the Drawing toolbar.
2. Select View Header and Footer.
3. In the header, click the orange area to select the AutoShape (must show
round, white selection handles).
4. To apply another gradient color, select Drawing toolbar Fill Color
Fill Effects Gradient tab and change the color as you wish.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Shirley" wrote:

Hi There,

I downloaded "Newsletter (Accessory design, 4-col.)" template from Microsoft
Online. I love the layout, but hate the orange background color. I can't,
for the life of me, figure out how to change the orange.

Do any of you have any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the Cell with the shading, then from the Format menu, select Borders
and Shading and then go to the Shading tab and click on the White tile in
the Fill section of the dialog.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shirley" wrote in message
Hi There,

I downloaded "Newsletter (Accessory design, 4-col.)" template from
Microsoft
Online. I love the layout, but hate the orange background color. I
can't,
for the life of me, figure out how to change the orange.

Do any of you have any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Seems like there are more ways than one to skin the cat. Yours has a bit
less impact on the text that in some of the headers is inserted inside a
Frame (unnecessarily in my view)

--

"Shirley" wrote:

Hi There,

I downloaded "Newsletter (Accessory design, 4-col.)" template from
Microsoft
Online. I love the layout, but hate the orange background color. I
can't,
for the life of me, figure out how to change the orange.

Do any of you have any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Shirley,

In tha Word template from
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101043281033

The orange gradient background for "Type Title" here is a gradient background filled autoshape in the Header of the document.

If you use View=Header and Footer, hover over that box you should see the four headed arrow, double click to select the text box,
then from the Drawing toolbar select the Fill control=Fill Effects (or use Format=Autoshape=Fill=Color) to change the shading in
the title box.

The second page header is done similarly for follow-on pages.
The orange text for the column settings is part of the Word styles applied to the document. If you put your cursor on a Heading
title that displays in orange you can use Shift+F1 to open the styles task pane, click on the link for 'Paragraph Style' (Heading 2)
and modify the Style/Format/Font to change to another color.

If (pre 2007 version) Office themes are installed, you can also change the way the text and fonts look by using Format=Theme but
that's going to be a more sweeping change.

==============
"Shirley" wrote in message ...
Hi There,

I downloaded "Newsletter (Accessory design, 4-col.)" template from Microsoft
Online. I love the layout, but hate the orange background color. I can't,
for the life of me, figure out how to change the orange.

Do any of you have any ideas???

Thanks in advance.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)