Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bons Bons is offline

Default Change the Nudge Amount????

Hi everybody----I KNOW it there's an answer to this one, someone here will be
able to help me....this discussion group is the BEST!!! I am used to
Publisher where I can Nudge an object in teensy little increments. In Word
I'm trying to move a rectangle about 1/50th of an inch....the arrows take it
up or down too far....is there any way to tell Word I just want to move it a
LITTLE TINY bit????? I've looked all through Tools-Options and can't find a
control for this little guy. Thanks in advance for any help you can give
me!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I believe the "nudge amounts" are controlled by the Grid dialog which is
found on the Drawing Toolbar options menu.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Bons" wrote:

Hi everybody----I KNOW it there's an answer to this one, someone here will be
able to help me....this discussion group is the BEST!!! I am used to
Publisher where I can Nudge an object in teensy little increments. In Word
I'm trying to move a rectangle about 1/50th of an inch....the arrows take it
up or down too far....is there any way to tell Word I just want to move it a
LITTLE TINY bit????? I've looked all through Tools-Options and can't find a
control for this little guy. Thanks in advance for any help you can give
me!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can always move in small increments by pressing and holding the Ctrl key
while pressing an arrow key.

As Dean says, the Nudge commands use the spacing specified for the grid.

You can change the horizontal and vertical spacing of the grid via Drawing
toolbar Draw Grid (in case of Word 2007: Page Layout tab Arrange group
click the arrow below Align and select Grid Settings). In order for the

Nudge commands and the arrow keys to use the spacing settings, you must also
turn on €śSnap objects to grid€ť in the Drawing Grid dialog box.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Bons" wrote:

Hi everybody----I KNOW it there's an answer to this one, someone here will be
able to help me....this discussion group is the BEST!!! I am used to
Publisher where I can Nudge an object in teensy little increments. In Word
I'm trying to move a rectangle about 1/50th of an inch....the arrows take it
up or down too far....is there any way to tell Word I just want to move it a
LITTLE TINY bit????? I've looked all through Tools-Options and can't find a
control for this little guy. Thanks in advance for any help you can give
me!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bons Bons is offline

THANK YOU ALL who answered so very quickly and accurately!!!! I tried the
Control/Arrow and it worked like a charm---then I went into the Drawing tool
and found that I can actually change it there to tell the arrow to do what I
want!!! I'm used to Publisher where I use Alt instead of Ctrl....didn't even
think to try that! LOL!! THANKS again!!! It's wonderful how everybody helps
everybody else here---I ALWAYS find an answer here.........the answer may be
that something can't be done....but I ALWAYS get answers!! )))))))))

"Bons" wrote:

Hi everybody----I KNOW it there's an answer to this one, someone here will be
able to help me....this discussion group is the BEST!!! I am used to
Publisher where I can Nudge an object in teensy little increments. In Word
I'm trying to move a rectangle about 1/50th of an inch....the arrows take it
up or down too far....is there any way to tell Word I just want to move it a
LITTLE TINY bit????? I've looked all through Tools-Options and can't find a
control for this little guy. Thanks in advance for any help you can give
me!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Alt does override the grid in Word when you're dragging shapes.

http://word.mvps.org

"Bons" wrote:

Hi everybody----I KNOW it there's an answer to this one, someone here
will be
able to help me....this discussion group is the BEST!!! I am used to
Publisher where I can Nudge an object in teensy little increments.
In Word
I'm trying to move a rectangle about 1/50th of an inch....the arrows
take it
up or down too far....is there any way to tell Word I just want to
move it a
LITTLE TINY bit????? I've looked all through Tools-Options and
can't find a
control for this little guy. Thanks in advance for any help you can
give
me!!

how do i reduce the amount of "nudge" when trying to align text j Page Layout 1 April 18th 07 09:26 AM
Nudge Increments B.W. New Users 4 September 20th 06 12:30 AM
Can I adjust the nudge increments? zerolotline Page Layout 1 March 8th 06 05:21 PM
Nudge Rotate Swami Page Layout 3 February 24th 06 01:36 AM
when trying to nudge up, object nudges down, how can I fix? Janice G7 Microsoft Word Help 6 October 12th 05 11:31 PM